Thursday, September 28, 2006

Suckers



This is a curious little shop that I pass everyday on my way to "work" (the dorm to get online). The name gives no hint at all about what it is, so as I usually do, I thumbed through my somewhat handy Danish-English dictionary and discovered that this was a place where one could feasibly purchase/consume/admire/play with/sketch octopi. And squid, too. Something tells me I'm missing the whole picture, though. Octopus? Don's theory is that maybe here in southern Denmark, at all of the county fairs, rather than giving away plastic bags with goldfish inside to the kids who win the games there, they actually give away little baby octopi for them to take home and put in a glass bowl, and THIS must be the regional supplier to all of the carnival barkers on the midway.

I can't say for sure, but I think he might be onto something.

1 comment:

Maro said...

I am a Blogger! I can write here! I love your Blog!

Marcia