Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday afternoon



It was just drizzling -- "spitting," to the Brits -- when we went out for a wee walk this afternoon. Jet lag has hit us, especially me, full on, so rising at 1pm is a habit I must soon break. IT'S HARD!!!

The Danish word for castle is "slot," so here I am standing in front of our neighborhood slot. Grand, no? Don and I took a very long walk around town today, crossing the bridge to the other side known as Dybbol, where the Danes lost a famous battle to the Prussians in 1864. There's a huge windmill still standing on the battleground. So much history here...

The rest of the afternoon consisted of cheese and tomato sandwiches, setting up Skype, and meltdown #78 for me. POOR, POOR DON. He's earning some major karma points for assuaging my worries these days... We WILL find an apartment/house this week, no matter what, or else I'm storming the slot with my mammoth roller suitcase...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah you! glad you made it okay and joined the blog world. You will have fun posting your adventures. I love it! Sorry I didn't catch you before you left. xoxo jen (jso yo yo)