Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday afternoon



It was just drizzling -- "spitting," to the Brits -- when we went out for a wee walk this afternoon. Jet lag has hit us, especially me, full on, so rising at 1pm is a habit I must soon break. IT'S HARD!!!

The Danish word for castle is "slot," so here I am standing in front of our neighborhood slot. Grand, no? Don and I took a very long walk around town today, crossing the bridge to the other side known as Dybbol, where the Danes lost a famous battle to the Prussians in 1864. There's a huge windmill still standing on the battleground. So much history here...

The rest of the afternoon consisted of cheese and tomato sandwiches, setting up Skype, and meltdown #78 for me. POOR, POOR DON. He's earning some major karma points for assuaging my worries these days... We WILL find an apartment/house this week, no matter what, or else I'm storming the slot with my mammoth roller suitcase...

2 comments:

Anna Gray said...

Hi Erin! Congrats on successful landing! Look forward to continuing our friendship! Love!
Anna

Jen said...

Yeah you! glad you made it okay and joined the blog world. You will have fun posting your adventures. I love it! Sorry I didn't catch you before you left. xoxo jen (jso yo yo)