Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Whack-a-Baby-Tootsie

One of my new evening activities that I've come to relish is sitting quietly on the sofa and waiting for Thud's foot to surface somewhere within my abdomen. It's usually on my right side, but these little pokers of his pop up anywhere. (Lately they've been exploring my rib cage. Like, inside of it.) I push down on the foot and -- BLOOP -- it's gone. And then, about five seconds later, it reappears somewhere else, like on my lower left side or right in the middle of my tummy. It's very quiet and lovely and has a wonderfully peaceful quality to it, and it also feels a little like tai chi whack-a-mole (my favorite arcade game for eons). Poke. Press. Submerge. Poke. Press. Submerge. I could do this for hours, I tell you...

4 comments:

kimananda said...

That sounds so cool...my little one isn't nearly that playful. When she wants to kick, she just does it a bunch, and then stops. I like the Whack-a-Mole image!

Deanna Hull said...

I remember the dancing tummy!!! OMG, in 4 more days from today, he will no longer be an official Immel, cuz he'll be LATE! Love, love, love, love.

NotQuiteDanish said...

Four more days??? OMG - this gestation period has gone by very quickly (for me! :))

PiNG aka Patti said...

Well, it's april 1 - is there a little K in DK?